Hajime City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Important Stuff

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Tamamo Mamorii (Awaiting Approval)
Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby NiteRiderEVO Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:16 am

» Etheria (Rose character sheet)
Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby rose Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 am

» Aldis Raskin - [Awaiting Approval]
Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby ShinMakoto Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 am

» Hajime Photos
Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby Akarshi Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 pm

» Felina C'Paw [waiting approval]
Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby Kibacoin Waffle Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlace

Harlace

Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] Empty
PostSubject: Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]   Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 1:10 pm

OOC Info
SL Username: - Harlace
SL Display Name: - PURIMUSU

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Info

Name: - Jalgo
Birthday: - 1920-1980
Height: - 5"2
Weight: - 275lbs 124kg
Classification: - Alien Vermin
Race: - Solidus Pupae
Origin: - Earth
Occupation: - Former test subject; shylock, drug dealer/smuggler, dumpster diver, "resale expert"
Affiliation: - ИКИ РАН, Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences 1985-1999, Solntsevskaya Bratva

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Story

Solidus Pupae, or "Sopu" as colloquialized by the Russians, are a relatively common species whom initially came to Earth on either a crashed vessel or an exploratory one.  To most advanced species of extraterrestrial they are a common nuisance which obstruct garbage chutes and inhabit derelict craft.  They come in several varieties that appear to adapt to their environment, though no matter the region of the Milky Way they're found in they all start life the same; as a relatively head-shaped nymph squirming through inky blackness in search of food.

Eventually a Sopu will develop to suit their environment, but from birth to inevitable death they will have the same sized cranium.  It is responsible for housing one of their two organs, along with a primitive mouth structure that forms dependent on what food source they're born into.  The second forms during a puberty phase wherein the creature has developed enough body mass to house the initial stages of the new organ.  Their purposes are simple: The first is a fuel tank and processing plant in the form of a highly efficient stomach, the second is an engine which allows for much more complex and exponential physical and mental growth in the Sopu.

With an effective set of hereditary skills, these creatures have managed to survive for what could be millions of years.  On an individual basis they generally have greater success compared to most invasive species of their size.  With heavy competition between local vermin populations limiting the availability of food and their own durability increasing the likelihood of survival, Sopu often subsist in a nymph state for potential decades.

This particular Sopu is one of the few thousand that live on or around Earth.  They have managed to find a completely new station on the planet as, much like many lesser creatures have before them, they found a way to drift closer to resembling the dominant species of the planet.  Mostly living in cloistered societies, Sopu became "Trash Goblins" almost overnight.  An abundance of refuse to eat in junkyards across the globe dotted the map with them, though many of the first generation came to resemble horrific animal-like creatures that wore the clothes of man.

Jalgo is one of the more developed Trash Goblins whom, like others of his species now rooted on Earth, resembles a small homunculoid.  Jalgo in particular is very well-formed when compared to some of his kin, sporting fully-formed digits on all limbs (not to mention the limbs), nail structures, lips, teeth, and even hair- though it feels like scaly straw.  This unfortunate growth spurt landed him in a lovely glass box in a Moscow blackbook facility.  While educational, Jalgo eventually felt the institution had nothing left to offer him and staged an elaborate escape.

After garbage day arrived and spirited Jalgo away to safety, the naked Trash Goblin found itself on the way to the Ukraine.  Prison had, as it does with most things, made Jalgo into a better criminal than he had ever thought he could be.  The other aliens in lockup manged to get him an in with the Solntsevskaya Bratva whom employed a large number of down-on-their-luck or indebted non-humans for various business ventures.  Being a goon came natural to Jalgo despite his diminutive stature, soon finding himself as a well-cut Shestyorka.  Several more years of career criminal activity showed no advancement in position despite not only having a passion for the job, but a track record and paper trail that would make any loan shark proud.

Frustrated by a stagnating career at the bottom rung of the ladder- amongst a pile of other prerogatives -Jalgo makes for Japan to broaden his horizons.  Particularly the really weird part in the south.

Personality

Positive Traits:
-Fiercely loyal, more like a dog than a person
-Incapable of sarcasm
-Will never wink at your bae
-Always willing to work for almost anyone

Negative Traits:
-Generally untrustworthy
-Has a wide array of secretions, fluids, and odors that many find undesirable
-Grating tone when speaking normally, native language is almost painful to listen to
-Unconventional eater
-Casual criminal
-Career criminal
-Criminal for fun
-Lack of moral compass
-Leaves sunflower seed husks almost everywhere he goes
-Completely uneducated and almost illiterate
-Too much drugs
-Shifty A.F.

-Dollars
-Euros
-Dumpsters
-Landfills
-Taking people to landfills
-Not bringing them back

Hobbies:
-Squatting and looking suspicious at the same time
-Boot parties
-Smoking constantly and to excess
-Collecting nonsense

Dislikes:
-Police
-Polizei
-Policia
-La Guardia
-S҉̛͝C̢̢I҉͠Ȩ̸̵N̢̡̡̨͜T̷̵͞͠Į̷̸̸S͠҉̛T͟S̀
-Can hate almost anything on a knee-jerk reaction

Facts and Quirks:
-Often tries things on as replacements for facial features
-Resonates when struck
-Not difficult to buy initial loyalty
-Almost always has something for sale;  99% chance of being trash, illegal, or illegal trash
-Makes a mean blin

Personal Effects

Personal Inventory:

-Burner phone, usually only used for sending almost illegible text messages
-Knickknacks and loose bills

Personal Property:

-Two large duffel bags: one of illicit substances and black market goods to help raise small funds and pocket change, as well as one filled even fuller with nearly-useless objects found in the trash to be re-sold.

Specialized Equipment:

(What special items do you have placed on you or locked away. Please specify which it is)

Abilities

Racial Abilities:
T5- Universal

Non-Combat Abilities:

Skill Name: Pavlov's Garbage
Affinity: N/A
Damage Type: N/A
Damage: N/A
Extra: Jalgo and his species have the uncanny ability to appear in piles of trash.  It is unknown even to him how he does this.  It is described as "squirming through a junkyard in China until you hit a dumpster in Australia", meaning there is some semblance of travel time, as well as a requirement for significant trash accumulation- however stories do exist of featureless faces appearing in bathroom wastebins.

Skill Name: Extremophile
Damage: N/A
Extra: The Sopu are void-dwelling vermin and, therefore, can casually survive the harsh vacuum of space.  This extends to all oxygen-free environments, but functions most appropriately in space.

Combat Abilities:  

Skill Name: Sturdy Construction
Damage Type: Mix
Damage/Defense: Minor
Extra: The strength of a Sopu is proportionate to their weight, the stability of the dense muscular web supporting their strange hollow bones provides this as well as an extremely abuse-resistant body.  [At his current size, Jalgo is able to add an extra +1 minor to any outgoing/remove +1 minor from any incoming non-elemental, non-slashing attack once per combat as a free action.]

Skill Name: Survival-of-the-shittest
Damage Type: Physical, non-slashing
Damage/Defense: Minor-Moderate
Extra: While unable to change sizes in any short order, Sopu can undergo a temporary change that increases the tensile strength of their muscles.  The fibers contract into a smaller and smaller matrix as the Sopu's metabolism kicks into maximum overdrive, maintaining temporary muscle mass by burning any non-vital nutrients.  [For every round spent preparing, Jalgo can add a +1 minor to his base attacks for the duration of combat, which will cap at +1 moderate after 3 rounds if he continues to prepare uninterrupted. Jalgo will also gain a temporary +1 minor resistance per round to a maximum of +1 moderate resistance after 3 rounds during this preparation, which can only be used against a single incoming attack. After combat, Jalgo is left more vulnerable, taking +2 minor from all sources until eating a large quantity of matter.]

Skill Name: Extremophile two: Electric Boogaloo
Defense: Minor-Moderate
Extra: Another aspect of an Extremophile is surviving harsh environments.  For Jalgo this generally translates into drinking drain cleaner for fun, but is functional for dulling the effects of anything from extreme heat and cold to causticity and radiation.  Results may vary.  [Adds a +1 minor elemental damage resist token for every two rounds spent preparing.]

Weaknesses

Racial Weakness:

Primitive Technology:  ̶A̶l̶i̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶e̶c̶h̶n̶o̶l̶o̶g̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶H̶u̶m̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶d̶e̶.  If they do happen to use a Human’s weapon [Anything that is not Plasma or Laser based], they will not be able to use it proficiently and the damage goes down by 1 tier.

Stinkin' thinkin': Jalgo is not good with complex (or simple) strategy.  The best solution to a problem is the first one he thinks of and brute force is usually that solution.  

Like a Lead Zeppelin: Jalgo, and likely most Sopu, cannot swim.  Not for lack of trying, but the very nature of his body prevents him from even operating properly in water, unable to stand on his own or effectively use any jointed structure.  If in a deep enough body of water the pressure can immobilize him indefinitely, eventually he will stop thinking.

Combat Weaknesses:

Wrong bones for the job: The joint-free structure of Jalgo's hands make sudden bursts of force have a disruptive effect, causing all his fingers to go haywire and splay in random directions.  The recoil of even the lowest-calibre firearms can cause this, making their usage dangerous at best.  [Jalgo cannot use projectile weapons.  If used, one must flip a coin:  If heads, the attack functions normally, if tails Jalgo or someone nearby takes the damage instead.]

Prone to dismemberment: While Sopu have durable skeletal structures and near-chitinous muscles, they lack other structures such as ligaments and cartilage that would stop their joints from separating completely.  Additionally, while a Sopu's muscles might be resistant to impact, their ability to resist shearing force is equally hindered by their lack of support structures.  [Jalgo takes a +1 minor from all slashing damage sources.]

Last edited by Harlace on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amai Fade
Admin
Amai Fade

PostSubject: Re: Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]   Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Hi~ Let's get right to it!

Harlace wrote:
Skill Name: Sturdy Construction
Damage Type: Mix
Extra: The strength of a Sopu is proportionate to their weight, the stability of the dense muscular web supporting their strange hollow bones provides this as well as an extremely abuse-resistant body.

What causes their weight and the stability to change and become more dense? What is the process that changes their damage reduction? Why does this make them hit harder?

These questions can be answered with more detail, listing out the multiple forms. Here's an example.

Smallest Form/Original State: No Damage up or Damage Reduction
Medium Form: +1 Minor of Damage, +1 Minor Damage Reduction. etc.

Harlace wrote:
Skill Name: Extremophile two: Electric Boogaloo
Damage: Minor-Moderate
Extra: Another aspect of an Extermophile is surviving harsh environments. For Jalgo this generally translates into drinking drain cleaner for fun, but is functional for dulling the effects of anything from extreme heat and cold to causticity and radiation. Results may vary.

We have a major rule here at Hajime: If it's not on your sheet, you don't have it. So please list out any and all results or in the case of situations where you say "Well I can do this" we'll just go "It's not on your sheet."

Lastly, With your weaknesses, I dont see anything which shows you taking more damage from something. The character is very resistant but everyone has a weakness. Please try to think of something for the sake of making the character more balanced. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://hajime-city.forumotion.com
Harlace

Harlace

PostSubject: Re: Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]   Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Amai Fade
Admin
Amai Fade

PostSubject: Re: Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]   Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:02 am

Wonderful! And I see you added something new~ Cool!

Harlace wrote:
Skill Name: Survival-of-the-shittest
Damage Type: Physical, non-slashing
Extra: While unable to change sizes in any short order, Sopu can undergo a temporary change that increases the tensile strength of their muscles. The fibers contract into a smaller and smaller matrix as the Sopu's metabolism kicks into maximum overdrive, maintaining temporary muscle mass by burning any non-vital nutrients. [For every round spent preparing, Jalgo can add a permanent +1 minor to attack for the duration of combat as well as a token to resist +1 minor damage from any future incoming attack. Once used, a resist token cannot be replenished until the next combat encounter. After combat, Jalgo is left more vulnerable, taking +2 minor from all sources until eating a large quantity of matter.]

For this, I'd just add within the brackets. "For every round spent preparing, for a maximum of three rounds, Jalgo can-" the reason is that way it doesn't go on for forever. Im not saying that you WILL abuse it but it is to make sure you can't. We have to make sure these restrictions exist for everyone's sheets. Though this concept is really cool! I look forward to how it progresses as Jalgo gets stronger!

Everything else I asked for you fixed without an issue~ Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Harlace

Harlace

PostSubject: Re: Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]   Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 12:14 pm

̶U̶p̶d̶o̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶r̶b̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶

Double updooted to be more clear overall on the effects.
Back to top Go down
Amai Fade
Admin
Amai Fade

PostSubject: Re: Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]   Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Thankies! You did great and it's MUCH clearer now! Awesome job!

Welcome to Hajime!
Tier 5 - Health Pool: 1 Heavy
Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] Konata__seal_of_approval_by_mawscm-d4wm6zi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]   Jalgo [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jalgo [Awaiting Approval]
Page 1 of 1