Hajime City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Important Stuff

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Tamamo Mamorii (Awaiting Approval)
Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby NiteRiderEVO Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:16 am

» Etheria (Rose character sheet)
Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby rose Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 am

» Aldis Raskin - [Awaiting Approval]
Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby ShinMakoto Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 am

» Hajime Photos
Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby Akarshi Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 pm

» Felina C'Paw [waiting approval]
Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeby Kibacoin Waffle Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBones

SilverBones

Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] Empty
PostSubject: Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval]   Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 10:18 pm

OOC Info
SL Username: – carnavirious resident
SL Display Name: - SilverBones

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Info

Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] Cv_commission___cassius_by_silverbones_bear-d8rcmva
Before you ask, it's my own art so its not being stolen from anywhere!

Name: – Cassius Maar
Birthday: - Unknown
Height: – 5’11”
Weight: – Varies depending on powers in use.
Classification: - Alien
Race: – Non-linear, Lovecraftian multiverse entity. (No known Species Name.)
Origin: – Trapped on Earth as Human observer effects on quantum matter prevents him slipping between time.
Occupation: – Occupations are for mortals… Investigating is more of a hobby.
Affiliation: – HCPD (Although not on the payroll. Works as a CSI Civilian Contractor.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Story

“Humans have a power, one way beyond their comprehension. Before I came to this place, I traveled the multiverse with little to bar my way. Then this… primitive, carbon-based land-creature locks me here by simply observing my presence. Of all the pathetic reasons to be denied the simple pleasure of exploration.

So here I am; trapped in linear solar cycles like some filthy mortal. Were they not so endearing, I would have helped this race murder themselves into obscurity long ago. Alas, this trap makes me not what I used to be. I sleep sometimes, letting their centuries pass me by, but every time I awake, I am still a mere shadow of what I used to be.

Perhaps the time has come to accept that. I awoke to find that humanity had been busy while I was asleep. Cities and guns and a primitive data matrix called the internet. Some of them are even beginning to scratch at basic quantum physics. It’s adorable.

So now I observe… and steer… and interfere when the mood takes me, or if the HCPD find something they can’t explain. The threat of death is a new rush every time I awaken. There are challenges and risks now.  I wave some human identification card, and people let me examine the dead. The police here barely know how to deal with creatures they term as 'supernatural' let alone the concept of multiple dimensions.

I get to sit back and watch as these... self-destructive
primates fumble their way though basic dimensional transit and build bombs which - unknowingly - break the fabric of underlying reality in a way they are yet to comprehend. In the end, my jailors are halfway to killing themselves, and when the last one falls, and my prison door is removed, I will have the opportunity to see their rise and inevitable detonation.

Now
that… that is worth this temporal prison.”

Personality

Positive Traits:
- Patient
- Educated
- Strong of Will
- Fearless
- Inquisitive

Negative Traits:
- Cold
- Lacking in Empathy
- Cruel
- Manipulative
- Proud

- Perverting Humans
- Talking ‘Shop’
- Travelling

Hobbies:
- Being Nosey
- Enjoying a good cup of coffee
- Human Music
- Nursery Rhymes (don’t ask)
- Demonstrating his excessive intellect
- Pretending that having a job matters to him

Dislikes:
- Trying to use backward, Human tools
- Interference with his ‘work’
- Traveling in vehicles
- Ingesting any kind of vegetation
- Having to think at a Human level

Facts and Quirks:
- Occasionally makes small, vibrating clicking noises when annoyed (swearing in native language)
- Never seems to be too cold or too hot, regardless of clothing
- If you stare at his shadow long enough, it stares back…

Personal Effects

Personal Inventory:
- Some basic clothing
- A non-magical necklace made of non-terrestrial, black stone
- A basic flip-top phone, used so that the HCPD can contact him
- HCPD ID (CSI Civilian Contractor)
- Pathetic, mortal currency

Personal Property:
- A small home with next to no furniture or comforts in it
- A collection of old books that vary in topics, ranging from the occult to science

Specialized Equipment:

N/A

Abilities

Racial Abilities:
T5 – Universal
Aliens, being not from this planet, are gifted with knowledge of the Universal tongue which allowed for trade across the galaxy. Due to this, they are able to process and learn other languages with ease as well as Speak and understand the Universal Tongue with ease.

In Cassius’ case, this manifests as talking directly to memory engrams. His native tongue is a series of clicks and hums, but it writes the engrams directly to the memory of the listener. It’s as if the words are heard while bypassing the ears. The recipient remembers the words being said, even if the ear did not catch it. For the most part, Cassius will try and speak in the numbingly simple Earth languages (as he has had enough time to learn them all), but when enacting this ability, people ‘hear’ him, regardless of things like earplugs or silence spells. (See below)

Non-Combat Abilities:
Skill Name: Speak to the Mind
Affinity: Psychic
Damage Type: N/A
Damage: N/A – but may be used to cause madness in the right situation
Extra: This allows Cassius to use the ‘Universal’ racial power by writing the memory engram into the brain. The ears do not physically hear it, but the brain remembers Cassius saying the words, although they cannot recall exactly what it sounds like. This cancels out silence magic, earmuffs, headphones or all other non-psychic forms of protection.

Skill Name: Slip Between Reality
Affinity: Temporal
Damage Type: None
Extra: When unobserved (or hidden in darkness or the like), Cassius may step between the folds of reality, free of the imprisonment of Human Observance. This allows him to effectively 'teleport' to another unobserved space within 100 meters, although to him it is just a natural form of movement - much like stepping through a door - and does so with no visual effect. He just goes from existing in one place to another. This also allows him the small benefit of knowing when he is being observed, regardless if he sees whatever is observing him or not. While it does not pinpoint the location of the observer, he immediately knows if he moves out of sight.

Skill Name: Inhuman Biology / Psychology
Affinity: Inherent
Extra: Cassius is immune to fear, pain, rage or any attempts to manipulate his emotions or desires. When people try to read his emotions, he is found to be terrifyingly devoid of all things. It is very apparent that he is not blocking such feelings, only that he is a vacuum of coldness, regardless of how he may actually emulate human emotional states. Cassius does not bleed, although he will temporarily leak a viscous black ichor when punctured. The black fluid he secretes evaporates fairly quickly, and anyone ingesting it (such as a vampire) will be greeted with a taste similar to engine oil, cats piss and embalming fluid. Having been born into the void of the multiverse, Cassius has no problem seeing in any kind of darkness, (magical or otherwise), is immune to radiation and does not need to breathe.

Skill Name: Shell of a Man
Affinity: Inherent
Extra: While his body is human appearing, the internal matter is far from vanilla. Cassius can alter certain parts of his physiology to let his arms bend the wrong way, turn his head a full 180-degrees or open up eyes all over his body. This ability allows him to have 360-degree perception, as well as lower the severity of damage (-1 damage tier) that involves grabbing, restraining or throwing him, but also reduces any attack that targets specific humanoid organs (such as the heart or the brain) or introduces poison into his system (with non-magical toxins having no effect at all). This ability does not allow him to change his appearance in any way, only make his current form do a variety of disgusting and frightening contortions.

Combat Abilities:  
Skill Name: Abyssal Madness
Affinity: Psychic
Damage Type: Mental
Damage: Minor
Extra: When staring at Cassius for too long, his true shape starts to manifest to the observer's vision. Most mortals cannot meet his stare, but above average mortals and non-mortal creatures start to see the shifting outlines of his form. Eyes appear in the shadows of his clothing and darkness crawls and oozes along the floor around his feet. It always appears in the corner of the eye, never in the focus, unless Cassius uses his form as an attack, in which he shows the target the maddening reality of his real nature.

While the damage caused is minor (appearing as a sharp headache and a nosebleed,) the mental effects are longer lasting. The brief flash of an impossibly vast being with no holds to a mortal appearance can leave many shaken and terrified, unsure if what they saw was real. (Such effects require OOC consent of course.) Activation of this power requires a posting round of eye contact previous to use.

Skill Name: Abhorrent Tendrils
Affinity: Extra-Dimensional
Damage Type: Mixed (Stabbing or Bludgeoning)
Damage: Moderate
Extra: Cassius may manifest several tendrils of matter that seem to absorb light. They can shift into various lengths and widths, and can be used to make needle-like stabbing motions, or grabbing, crushing attacks. The range of these manifestations come to about 5 meters at maximum. (15 feet). They can appear from him or the area around him, often where his shadow falls or connected areas of darkness. These tendrils can also be used for other things, although such uses are best kept… private.

Skill Name: Brutal Strength
Affinity: None
Damage Type: Bludgeoning
Damage: Moderate
Extra: Cassius has a vast amount of raw power in his compact body. He is more than capable of single-handedly tossing a body-builder, punch through a door, jump tens of feet in height or push over a wall. Although he is strong, he does not show a lot of grace.

Skill Name: Consume and Rebuild
Affinity: Racial
Damage Type: Augmented to an Attack
Damage: Can restore up to one Moderate wound per day, or three Minor wounds.
Extra: If a target is struck by an Abhorrent Tendril, Cassius may use that attack to siphon off blood, flesh or whatever is damaged by the attack and consume it to regain health. This power only works on larger organic creatures, such as humans, cattle or other non-human creatures. This power may also be used during ‘other’ interactions with the tendrils, but it takes longer and does not cause a ‘target’ damage. This power can not be used on a mechanical or inorganic source of matter. Spiritual manifestations with non-human flesh will still sustain this attack, however.

As an interesting side effect, Cassius can use this power to 'taste' the person and discover their origins. This does not give any detailed information such as race, but it does allow him to understand what classification they fall under (Alien, Yokai, Human, etc.) This is how he is helpful as an investigator, as he can taste blood, flesh or any kind of biological matter and know what kind of creature left it behind.

Weaknesses

Racial Weakness:
Primitive Technology: Aliens are not used to the simplistic technology of Humans and thus are both unable to use it as well as avoid it due to pride. If Cassius does happen to use a Human’s weapon including anything laser or plasma based of human origins, he will not be able to use it proficiently and the damage goes down by 1 tier. (I am opting to expland this to all primate, carbon-biped weaponry... bloody savages.)

Combat Weaknesses:
Disquieted Mind: Since Cassius has a more open mind to world, mental and psychic attacks cause him to take additional damage (+1 Damage tier). These attacks must directly attack the mind, and do not apply to things like Pyrokinesis or Telekinesis which manipulate outside forces to attack the body. This does not bypass his immunity to changing his temperament however, but does leave an open channel to disrupt the raw control over his physical form.

Fragile Puppet: While strong and terrifying, Cassius is not particularly resistant to damage, nor is he inherently graceful. The fact he is imprisoned in this unnatural form leaves him feeling as if he is constantly walking in a straitjacket while trying to peer into life through a microscope - although to other people he seems to function within human normals. Acting on such a micro level - at least in comparison to how he used to act - feels very restrictive and frustrating to him.

His 'imprisonment' in an observed human form means he can still take damage like a mortal – albeit slightly deadened by the fact he does not feel pain – and needs to heal normally unless he uses the Consume and Rebuild power. Because of his Shell of a Man biology, it is impossible to heal Cassius with mundane medicine. Healing either has to be from a magical source or through the Consume and Rebuild power.

Cassius will avoid combat if possible, preferring to observe an opponent from afar and destroying them socially or perhaps mentally. When facing a fast or graceful opponent, he will try and keep distance, as the fast movement and rapid reactions tend to overwhelm him when danger strikes.

Cassius cannot use weapons… because they are primitive and ghastly in his eyes. Any primate can pick up and object and stab someone with it. It takes a real entity to turn the mind of a creature into a void of madness and terror. This also leads to him underestimating human weaponry. Even advanced weapons and lasers created by humans are childrens toys in his eyes and that technological arrogance can lead him to be overly cocky when he forgets his human form is just as frail.
Back to top Go down
Amai Fade
Admin
Amai Fade

Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval]   Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Certainly something different! Well done!

Welcome to Hajime!
Tier 5 - Health Pool: 1 Heavy
Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval] Konata__seal_of_approval_by_mawscm-d4wm6zi
Back to top Go down
https://hajime-city.forumotion.com

Cassius Maar - Imprisoned Alien Monstrosity [Awaiting Approval]
Page 1 of 1