Hajime City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Important Stuff

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Tamamo Mamorii (Awaiting Approval)
Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeby NiteRiderEVO Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:16 am

» Etheria (Rose character sheet)
Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeby rose Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 am

» Aldis Raskin - [Awaiting Approval]
Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeby ShinMakoto Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 am

» Hajime Photos
Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeby Akarshi Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 pm

» Felina C'Paw [waiting approval]
Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeby Kibacoin Waffle Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Solomon (Awaiting Approval)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solomon Setzer

Solomon Setzer

Solomon (Awaiting Approval) Empty
PostSubject: Solomon (Awaiting Approval)   Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 5:10 am

OOC Info
SL Username: Solomon Setzer
SL Display Name: Solomon Setzer  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Info

Name: Solomon
Birthday: July 8th
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 110 lbs
Classification: Mythological
Species: Merfolk (Cecaelian)
Origin: Sea of Synod
Affiliation: N/A

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Story

'I once met a merfolk who came from a distant realm. His knowledge on both sea and surface was unlike and merfolk I had ever met and I was jealous. I asked him how he knew so much and so he told me the story of his underwater utopia. Synod, from what I have been told, is much like the famed Utopian society Atlantis. It was an epicenter of wealth, knowledge and power, a thriving society of many merfolk of all kinds living together. I look upon this Sunken Temple and if I can compare it to the description of Synod's buildings, then it is merely a lesser building, smaller and more open, like ruins now. Synod rested in much deeper waters, where it could have massive buildings that reached so high, but it never crested the surface and did not interfere with boats and their course.

While I was interested in knowing more about this society, I was first told the tale of its demise. Upon the surface raged a war between two deities, one good and one evil. Using the mortal armies at their disposal, the surface was ruined and ravaged to no return. Why is this important to the downfall of Synod? Well, in order to hinder the side of good, the side of darkness unleashed a curse into the water, a red cloud that devoured and corroded anything in its path. This Red Death as it was called killed hordes of fish, disintegrated sea life and left glorious buildings and monuments mere ruins and shells of their former selves.

This plague from the surface swept into Synod one day with a brutal fury, killing merfolk of all kinds. It did not care if one was young or old, male or female. All were meant to die. Leviathans could not withstand this Red Death even. Synod fell in only a matter of minutes to my understanding and left the city a ghost world. Now, you may question how anyone from it survived. It would seem that their magic wielders managed to open a portal where some of their kind could escape to other worlds, safe from the ruined seas of Red Death. One cannot help but wonder if those who escaped may have traces of the Red Death on them, incubating inside them, or latched upon them.

It is a sad story to hear, so many good merfolk died and the knowledge they had...is all but lost to us now. But this is not the only tale I know of Synod, it is simply the first any should hear. Get the bad out of the way, so the good will shine brighter than ever before. I will recount these details one day when I have gathered my thoughts about how to note them down. Until then, remember a once great people, and be thankful for what you have. Some gods are fickle at times...but not all are bad, and not all will go to such lengths to fight a war that would ruin a whole world. In my following accounts I will describe these gods, name them and tell you the bitter truth of who they are.'
~Excerpt from 'Accounts of the Aquatic Kind' by Unknown Source

Personality

Positive Traits:
• Knowledge: Oceanic - Solomon has a very advanced understanding of anything pertaining to the sea. This ranges from other merfolk and their physiology, to sea life and marine biology, as well as languages, myths, and legends of or pertaining to the sea and the creatures within it.
• Knowledge: Magic - Solomon can easily understand and learn all forms of magic; even the most remote and obscure arts seem to have meaning to him. He can, with some time, identify a magical type and signature and even discern it's origins. This may also allow him the ability to tell magical creatures apart from one another and give him the means to learn more about any specific being he encounters. As natural as this seems to come to the merfolk, he can only learn magic by being taught by someone who also knows and understands their own powers. Solomon is incapable of picking up any magic on his own regardless of how much he studies it.
• Carefree
• Honest
• Compassionate
• Sociable
• Intelligent
• Creative
• Squishy
• Inky
• Nimble
• Lithe

Negative Traits:
• Distrusting of Landers (already went though this up above)
• Gullible at times
• Trickster (sometimes very mean tricks)
• Sometimes anti-social
• Will change himself to make people like him
• Knows nothing about technology that isn't aquatic based
• Liar! Like...might kill you with lies.
• Squishy
• Inky
• Not extremely good at walking and moving around on the surface
• No concept of personal space
• No concept of ownership

• Crabs
• Inking when he wants to
• Games
• Reading
• Learning
• Magic
• Bio-luminescence
• Pretty people and things

Hobbies:
• Reading
• Inking
• Reflection gazing
• Pranking Landers
• Resting
• Playing games
• Making bad sea puns

Dislikes:
• Clams. They're Fucking Stupid!
• Landers. They're Fucking Stupid!
• Inking when he doesn't want to
• Cold weather
• Sour foods
• Unattractive people
• Disgusting things

Facts and Quirks:
• Languages: Aquan and all derivatives of aquatic languages.  
• Languages: Common, pretty much what Landers speak cause they common.
• Inks when excited or frightened.
• I come from the water~
• Wealthy: Solomon is very rich due to the treasures he finds in the ocean all the time. He has a vast trove hidden in the deeps where he keeps all the pretty shiny things he finds. The drawback is that he has no concept of their worth and is willing to usually give things that are rare and expensive up for very simple and mundane things. Yay barter system!
• Just Keep Swimming~
• Always feels cold to the touch
• One of the tentacles is a penis~! Good luck finding out which!
• Solomon can shift between his merfolk form and a humanoid form. It is unknown how he has developed this power, but it is most definitely a curse of some sort since he is not too fond of looking like a Lander.
• Beware the full moon! Solomon is very much affected by the moon and it's sway over the currents and tides.

Personal Effects

Personal Inventory:
• Seashells
• Sand dollars
• Various rare gems and pearls
• Jewelry of all kinds
• Ink...so much ink.

Personal Property:
Gold, sunken treasures from the sea. Priceless jewels and artifacts.

Specialized Equipment:
A precious and rare hair accessory. This item cannot be removed from Solomon due to the fact that it has fused with him. Any attempts to remove it may be very dangerous and catastrophic. This item is very cursed in that it holds both a magical and biological contagion known as ‘The Red Death’. Attempts to remove it unleashes a dose of the contagion into Solomon, manipulating his physical and mental health and making him more violent and hostile. Over time it will seep back into the hair accessory and return the mer to normal. If somehow broken or destroyed then it is likely that the contagion will release into the surrounding area and cause extreme violent reactions in others until both the mind and the body deteriorate from the affliction. A cure is only able to be found by combining both science and magic.

Abilities

Racial Abilities:
Cecaelian - As part octopus, Solomon has adapted a variety of their inherent abilities which can wildly be used in and out of combat situations.
*Cecaelians can eject a thick, blackish ink in a large cloud to aid in escaping from predators. This ink cloud is thought to reduce the efficiency of olfactory organs, which would aid evasion from predators that employ smell for hunting.
*All the tentacles are semi-sentient and can move and act independently of Solomon, reaching and grabbing for things without his own consent. When under attack, some cecaelians can perform arm autotomy, in a manner similar to the way lizards detach their tails. The crawling arm serves as a distraction to would-be predators. Such severed arms remain sensitive to stimuli and move away from unpleasant sensations. Severed tentacles will still grapple anything nearby and remain active and mobile for up to seven hours after being removed from the body. The removed tentacle will regrow on its own within as little as a week.
*Cecaelians also have an excellent sense of touch. The octopus's suction cups are equipped with chemoreceptors so the octopus can taste what it is touching.
*Cecaelians swim by expelling a jet of water from a contractile mantle, and aiming it via a muscular siphon. The siphon can be used in water to propel Solomon extremely fast and extremely far to escape from danger.
*Cecaelians also have a natural poison, traditionally it is harmless to other beings and in Solomon's case his is non-lethal.

Non-Combat Abilities:
Not Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place - In merfolk form, Solomon can compress his body down to fit into very tight and tiny spaces to escape capture, slipping between seemingly impossible cracks and gaps. In his humanoid form it is less easy for him to compress his body due to a stronger skeletal frame, but his body still shows a bit of elasticity to allow him to mildly compress his body through bars and narrow passages.

Combat Abilities:  
Russian Roulette - Solomon can wrap his tentacles around people to grapple them. Despite his apparent size and lack of strength, the tentacles are mostly pure muscle and will not give up on holding a target unless it is extremely harmed.

Weaknesses

Racial Weakness:
Cecaelian - As part octopus, Solomon has adapted a variety of their inherent abilities which also means that he has received some of the negative traits associated with them.
*Cecaelians have a very poor proprioceptive sense, meaning that they cannot easily determine the position of the tentacles, and often unintentionally touch things without realizing it.
*Cecaelians react poorly to extremely bright lights, strong flavors and rapid changes in temperature because of their already keen senses. When infected with an illness, it tends to take hold faster, and the symptoms can be more severe.
Outsiders: Due to not being used to the worlds of Man nor Yokai, all Mythological creatures take +1 minor from all sources of Damage.

Combat Weaknesses:
I don't need it... - I NEED IT! (I feel like this is explanation enough. But if you don't get the reference then let me explain!) Dehydration is a very real and serious issue among the aquatic folk. The longer Solomon goes without hydrating, either by being submerged in water or just drinking vast quantities, the more weak and sluggish he will become. Solomon cannot be without water of some kind longer than one hour. Once over the hour mark, Solomon will start to dry out and his nervous system will shut down. While in his humanoid form he is less likely to die from dehydration due to the changes of his body, he must still remain hydrated or wet to avoid the negative side-effects. Dehydration can also be caused by elemental attacks, such as fire, that would dry him out or remove moisture from the surrounding area. While he is not particularly weak against fire, the drying out part very much so.

Elemental Weakness (Electricity) - The simplest way to incapacitate and harm Solomon is to electrocute him in some way shape or form. He's extremely sensitive to electrical pulses and currents, making him wary of technology that isn't water-friendly. Electric-elemental attacks deal a damage tier higher and will stun for two turns, this stacks with attacks that are meant to stun.

Oh Pretty! - If something happens to cause distracting and pretty lights and colors Solomon will leave combat or become unwilling to continue to fight due to being utterly distracted. This means twinkling lights, pretty colors, lovely people and objects will easily divert Solomon's attention from fighting leaving him entirely open or simply rendering him non-combative.

Last edited by Solomon Setzer on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dansen'

Dansen'

PostSubject: Re: Solomon (Awaiting Approval)   Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 11:29 am

Well Considering this is awaiting approval, and it seems to be certainly workable I'ma go out on a limbs and let all these limbs get to work~

Solomon (Awaiting Approval) Hazama__seal_of_approval_by_legochesser-d4z6scn
Back to top Go down
Amai Fade
Admin
Amai Fade

PostSubject: Re: Solomon (Awaiting Approval)   Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 2:23 am

GUESS WHAT! There was an update! Go ahead and just change up your sheet according to the new format listed Here! Best of luck! Hope to approve soon! Just respond below to let us know you're ready to be checked!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://hajime-city.forumotion.com
Solomon Setzer

Solomon Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Solomon (Awaiting Approval)   Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Okay~! 1 update down!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solomon (Awaiting Approval)   Solomon (Awaiting Approval) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solomon (Awaiting Approval)
Page 1 of 1