Hajime City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Important Stuff

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Tamamo Mamorii (Awaiting Approval)
ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT. I_icon_minitimeby NiteRiderEVO Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:16 am

» Etheria (Rose character sheet)
ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT. I_icon_minitimeby rose Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 am

» Aldis Raskin - [Awaiting Approval]
ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT. I_icon_minitimeby ShinMakoto Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 am

» Hajime Photos
ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT. I_icon_minitimeby Akarshi Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 pm

» Felina C'Paw [waiting approval]
ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT. I_icon_minitimeby Kibacoin Waffle Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 pm

ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ratatoskr

ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT. Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT.   ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 10:34 pm

All media throughout the city would suddenly stop – songs on the radio would cease, and both television and the electronic billboards throughout the city would all, instead, display an image of the HCPD logo, with text beneath it reading...

“ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – PLEASE STAND BY FOR AN URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT”

It would be silent for a good minute or so, drawing the eyes and attention of each and every citizen that was in a place to watch or hear it. Things would suddenly grow tense, as the entirety of the city stopped its hustle and bustle for whatever was going on. For that few moments, everything was deathly quiet, as still as a living, breathing city ever got.
A few moments later, an odd, chiming tone would resonate throughout the entire city, played through every speaker and through every radio frequency. Those simply listening in would only get audio – though those watching the billboards, televisions, cellphones or even on the web would see the broadcast begin to start.
Commissioner Ortega sat behind a large desk, flanked on both sides by heavily armed SWAT-style police officers. Each of them wore charcoal black combat armor, carried an automatic weapon, and had the telltale HCPD badge pinned to their chests. They stood in solemn silence, still as guardian statues.

“Good evening residents of Hajime City. This is Commissioner Ortega, head of the HCPD, here to deliver some important news to you, the citizens of this great city. As of late, this city has gotten much darker than it once was. It has gotten to the point that regular citizens are feeling the effects of recent events.”

The broadcast would, in the top corner, begin showing various images – the old movie theatre and hospital, several graphs and statistics on crime, as well as the numerous missing person's cases that had gone out to the public as of late.

“It is clear that this city is sick. I do not know what sort of people have decided to infect it, but rest assured the HCPD will not rest until this problem is dealt with, and those responsible are brought to justice. In order to facilitate this, we shall be instituting martial law.”

She was quiet a moment, allowing the words to sink in. She checked a few pieces of paper before her, skimming them, formulating her words before continuing with her speech, her face shifting to one of resolved stoicism.

“As such, several new laws and regulations will be going into effect, effective tonight at midnight.
Right to a speedy trial – Suspended.
Right to an attorney – Suspended.
Right to fair detainment times – Suspended.
Warrants will no longer be required to search and premises. Association or displays of gang affiliation subjects one to possible detainment and arrest. Obstruction of justice subjects one to possible detainment and arrest. Lethal force has been authorized for use against all those resisting arrest.

A curfew will go into effect at 11PM SLT each evening, until 6 AM SLT each morning. All civilians found outside of their places of residence during this period of time are subject to detainment and arrest. This motion will go into effect in the evening on March 2nd.

These changes will remain in effect indefinitely, until the HCPD can get the current crime rates under control. Further measures may be taken if things to not drastically improve in the coming weeks.
I, and the many personnel of the HCPD owe it to the city of Hajime to keep it safe from the evils and terrors that threaten it. We will survive. We will endure. We will defeat those who seek to overthrow us. We are the HCPD, and we will make this city, and it's people, safe again. Thank you.”
Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HAJIME CITY – MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hajime City :: Information Desk :: The Announcements :: Events-
Jump to: